The B+C restoration project is located on the corner of Fifth and Main Street in downtown Royal Oak. The existing two-level 18,000 sf building was built in 1939 as the B+C Supermarket. It had gone through many changes over the years and had been vacant/deteriorating since 1996. The scope of the restoration became the biggest challenge. The building was to include two restaurants; Bastone (a french/belgian bistro) & Cafe Habana (a colorful cuban cafe), a lower level bar, Cinq (an underground lounge), a microbrewery and a small office (a two-level studio). The focus was to completely restore three facades to its original 1939 character & detail, provide a creative & functional building with a new urban environment for the corner of Fifth and Main.
LOCATION: Royal Oak, Michigan
DATE COMPLETED: 2005